01 November 2008

I am a Korean classical musician,

- Korean flute, a small-notched bamboo vertical flute, a Korean fiddle -

I was interested in "Korean flute" when I was in high school so I had learnt it.

The person who taught me Korean flute is master 일초(一超) Kim Jong Hee(87) and member of the National Classical Music Institute.

I only learnt Korean flute at the first.
After watching he played a small-notched bamboo vertical flute I learnt it too.
Finally I bought a Korean fiddle as well after listening sound of a Korean fiddle which was played by him. It was amazing sound.

Unfortunately, I had to go military service so I could not learn a Korean fiddle much.
From joining the army to now, I haven't played Korean traditional musical instruments therefore I almost forgot how to play.

However, I want to learnt Korean traditional musical instruments again someday soon.

No comments: